Sunday, July 14, 2013

HOMEMADE PAINTS USING CORNSTARCH.....TODDLER ACTIVITY

I find that my toddler loves to get into mischief whenever possible. To avoid major chaos in the house, I decided to make homemade paints. I recently found this website, which had several different recipes to try.

http://www.kids-cooking-activities.com/finger-paint-recipes.html#paintrecipe

Making homemade paints was easier that I thought. Although they don't have the paint quality of store bought paints. When the paints touch the paper it looked like a water mess with tint rather than real paint. My son loved it, he loved sitting on the giant piece of paper and pouring paint everywhere! 
It was messy but an activity he enjoyed and I loved how easy it was to clean up. I just rinsed him off with the hose and put the paper in the recycle bin. One thing that did occur is that my son decided to taste the paint. After one taste he decided it wasn't that yummy and I was glad all the ingredients came from my kitchen.

This is the recipe I tried from the website, you should allow almost half and hour too cool completely.

Finger Paint Recipes

Basic Finger Paint 
3 Tablespoons sugar
1/2 Cup cornstarch
2 Cup water (cold)
Food coloring
Dish detergent (aids in clean up)
Mix sugar and cornstarch together in a saucepan. Add cold water and stir completely. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly about 5 minutes. Cool, then divide into 4 cups or bowls. Add food coloring and a drop of detergent to each bowl.

Read more: http://www.kids-cooking-activities.com/finger-paint-recipes.html#ixzz2Z5nc87Mb

No comments:

Post a Comment