Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Perfect Toddler Morning

Good morning, I woke up bright and early this morning thanks to the extra loud garbage trucks going down my street:) Since I always wake up when my toddler starts yelling 'mama' from his room. I decided I would use the time wisely. So, I got up, washed my face, put on make-up (yes! first time this month) and got dressed. By the time I was done, my toddler was calling me and making all sorts of noise from his room. To say I was ready to leave the house before my toddler is an accomplishment around here. Usually, I make him priority from the moment I wake up. Making me be that crazy haired lady with stained clothing running after a perfectly groomed toddler. One of my main life question is what do other mommies do on a regular day? I sometime feel my life so boring and predictable, how do other parent manage life with a toddler? So, to give some insight into my mommy day:

Woke up at 7:00
Dressed and Ready by 7:30
Downstairs with my toddler by 7:45
Toddler eating breakfast 8:00-8:30
By 9:00 I had washed dishes, swept the floor, cleaned puppy area, sanitized laundry floor, took dry clothing from dryer, did a new load of laundry, fed the cat and prepared my breakfast and snack to go.
At 9:30 I took my toddler upstairs, ran the vacuum in my room and hallway, gave him a morning bath and got him ready to leave the house.
In the car by 9:35 and on our way to morning story time for some playtime.
In the car by 11:00 and on our way to the duck pond to feed the ducks and eat a lunch snack.
Home by 12:30, my son arrived fast asleep and has been sleeping since then.

During nap time, I took care of finances, cooked lunch, did more laundry and started writing this blog. For me, it seems like a perfect morning, my toddler has so much fun at story time and feeding the ducks is always fun for both of us. So, this is my morning and this is a good day, when we get out of the house before nap time. Now, I'm just waiting for him to wake up so we can eat, play and be ready for when daddy gets home to go bike ridding, walk the dogs (we have 5 dogs) and enjoy the rest of the afternoon together.

Most days aren't like this but thanks to the morning garbage trucks this was how we spent the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment