Thursday, August 8, 2013

My Favorite Tortilla Soup Recipe

I made this soup last night and it is so easy and delicious! I really recommend Marcella Valladolid's recipes. I never cooked anything in my life until I got married. I use to live on cereal and sandwiches before my domestic life started. I always blamed the fact that I never had an easy bake oven as a child! Now, I'm learning how to cook but one of my main rules is to avoid canned and processed food (There are no frozen meals in our freezer). With a lifestyle so limited, I find recipes like this perfect, fulfilling and healthy. I will note, that I place my tomatoes, onion, garlic and chili in the oven on broil at 415 degrees. I also make chicken broth by just boiling chicken in salty water and we also make plain white rice and shred the chicken I use to make the broth. Adding rice and chicken really makes this a hearty soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment